UPDATE: The Plan has now been submitted to MK Council, who will check the Plan and organise the Examination. The Plan and supplementary documents can be found here.
Welcome to the CMK Alliance Plan 2026 - a pioneering Business Neighbourhood Development Plan for Central Milton Keynes.
This is a new approach to planning introduced by the Localism Act 2011, which gives power to local communities to achieve their own ambitions for their 'neighbourhood.' It's an exciting opportunity for everyone to help shape the future of CMK.
The revised 'Examination Draft' of the plan has been prepared following Public Consultation feedback on the Plan last Autumn.
- What happens next?
- 1. The Plan has now been submitted to MK Council. The Council will publicise the Plan for 6 weeks so everyone in the Borough is aware of it.
- 2. Mk Council will make arranagements for an independent Examiner to review the Plan. The Examination is likely to take place in late July or August 2013.
- 3. If the Examiner thinks that the Plan meets the 'basic conditions' for neighbourhood plans, then the Plan can go forward to the next stage - public referendum.
- 4. Because the CMK Alliance Plan is a Business Neighbourhood Plan, it must have two referendums - one for residents and one for businesses. The Examiner will decide whether only CMK residents and businesses will take part or whether the referendums will be wider.
- 5. If the Plan passes the referendums, then it must be adopted by MK Council as planning policy for new development in CMK.
Your continuing input and engagement are important to shaping the future of Central Milton Keynes.